Dear Students and Families,
I hope this post finds you happy & well. As you may know, the COVID restrictions relating to businesses ended on 5/29/2021 with a few exceptions. While this is great news for the dojo, we will continue to take precautions regarding safety for both the students and staff at Bob Lynn’s Kenpo Karate. That said, a cautious and strategic approach which balances student safety and student experience will be implemented.
The following phased approach guidelines are as follows:
Phase #1 – 6/1/2021- 6/13/2021
Capacity at dojo: Although being allowed to be at full capacity by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts on 5/29/21, we will be adhering to the following procedures due to the unique nature of our business:
• Social Distancing- Despite not being required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, we will make every attempt to ensure that students are at least 3 ft apart when there is non-contact drills;
• Contact- (contact drills and sparring) despite being allowed for quite some time, we have not permitted it on any level thus far. Beginning 5/24/21, adult and youth contact drills and sparring, will begin by slowly implementing this as we head back towards regular activity.
• Masks- While not mandated by the Commonwealth, masks will be mandatory for all students and instructors/staff during inside classes this first phase. Masks are not required and are voluntary for outside classes.
Phase 2- 6/14/2021-7/3/2021
Capacity at dojo: Capacity will gradually increase, however, this will be assessed accordingly in correlation to the CDC and Commonwealth of Massachusetts’ guidelines.
• Contact- Contact drills and sparring will be permitted.
• Masks- Masks for both students and instructors/staff will not be mandated but may voluntarily be worn for inside and outside classes (per personal option)
Phase 3 – 7/10/2021
All restrictions above will be lifted and back to normal pre-COVID rules and regulations!
PLEASE NOTE: These guidelines are fluid and can & will change if health data or dojo conditions change at any point in time. All sanitizing and disinfecting of dojos will remain, and all students will be required to sanitize their hands before and after class at the dojo. Thermometer checks will no longer take place beginning 6/1/21.
Welcome to Bob Lynn’s Kenpo Karate. The information provided within this website is to assist the student, friend or curious passerby in developing the necessary tools to empower themselves by using the Martial Arts, specifically Kenpo as a vehicle to do so. The benefits of Martial Arts training are countless and include, but are not limited to: stress relief, improved concentration, building self-esteem, empowerment and self-confidence. Additionally, it provides discipline and focus, social building, flexibility and overall improved physical fitness.
Pictured above during the early 80’s, Professor Cerio tested Grandmaster Lynn for his 5th degree, and Hanshi Juchnik verified his 5th Internationally with verification from Professor Paul Yamaguchi, who was one of James Mitoses original Kenpo blackbelts.
Circa early 1980’s. Pictured with Grandmaster Lynn’s two most influential instructors, Master Fred Bagley, who was my very first Kenpo instructor. Also pictured, Professor Rocky DiRico, the man who molded me into the person I am today.
Get in Touch
Bob Lynn’s Kenpo Karate
6 Washington Street, #3 North Reading, MA 01864
Send Us a Message
Copyright Bob Lynn’s Kenpo Karate 2019 – All rights reserved